It took months for BJJ Coach Tawny Haynes to try her first jiu jitsu class. When a friend invited her to drop in, it was a hard pass. Then one day she decided to give it a try. She choked a male partner, and she was hooked!
“I love the self-defense aspect of the sport and the way it’s changed how I carry myself. The confidence you gain in pushing yourself to be comfortable in the uncomfortable is priceless. It’s incredibly empowering and liberating.”
Starting Tuesday, August 23rd, Coach Tawny will be teaching our first Women’s BJJ Foundations class! And as she explained, there are so many benefits to women who want to train jiu jitsu.
- Physical Fitness. Brazilian jiu jitsu is a great way to get in shape and lose weight while having fun. With consistent training, you’ll be in the best shape of your life!
- Self-defense. Jiu jitsu is about skill over strength, and it teaches you to fight from the ground. It’s designed to give smaller fighters the advantage over bigger and stronger opponents. You will learn how to defend yourself in real-life fighting situations and walk like you own the earth.
- Self care. Women are tireless caregivers for others but not for themselves. Our ladies beginners jiu jitsu class gives you a place where you can take care of your physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Feel great in your body. Women of all ages, abilities, and attributes can succeed in jiu jitsu. As your training evolves, you will feel more confident in your body.
- Increased confidence. Jiu jitsu requires dedication and consistency. With hard work and perseverance in training jiu jitsu, your self-confidence will grow. Best of all, you’ll have that confidence in other areas of your life!
- Challenge yourself in a new way. Experienced jiu jitsu practitioners will tell you that no matter how many years they train, they are always learning new things. Whether you’re a beginner starting for the first time or whether you’ve been training for years, you will constantly learn and grow!
- Mental clarity. You’re not worried about to-do lists or busy schedules when someone is trying to rip your arm off or choke you unconscious. Being on the mats gives you a place to escape everyday distractions.
- Women supporting women. SBG Whitefish is part of a worldwide organization of strong, brave, and genuine women. When your join the Ladies Foundations class you become part of the SBG Ladies tribe and surround yourself with incredible people!
Our Women’s jiu jitsu class will run from Tuesday, August 23rd to November 15th from 4 PM to 5 PM. Join a growing community of women
At SBG we have a growing community of women who build each other up and who have transformed their lives. Call today to find out how you can join! (406) 862-7244.